Spring is finally here, and who else is itching to get away for a few days?
The least fun part of a trip is the packing - so here are our favorite easy pieces to pack for a long, balmy weekend with no stress.
1) Big cozy scarf - Most days, I feel naked without a scarf - there's just something about throwing one on that instantly pulls your look together. I pack at least one scarf for shorter trips, and two in varying weights for longer ones. They can double as a blanket on your flight, turned into a headwrap on bad hair days, or even tied into a makeshift shopping bag. I love the subtle blue and black print on this scarf from Lululemon.
2) T-shirt dress - A comfortable dress is an essential for any getaway, one that can be dressed up or down with a quick accessory swap. I'm coveting this cute number from Joie and I am currently living in our supersoft black and gray version.
3) Oversized sunglasses - You need your sunnies to protect yourself from UV rays, and I love the look of Jackie O, oversized shades - they're timelessly chic and practical, and you don't have to spend a fortune for a solid pair. These stunners from Aldo are only $16, or you can shell out a few more bucks for this fabulous pair from Toms.
4) Wear with everything cardigan - I love cardigans, and I have several on heavy rotation in my closet. It's a wardrobe essential that goes great with almost all your outfits, from dressy to casual. Try this streamlined summer weight version by Theory, or a more colorful one like our Alexa cardigan
5) Comfy but stylish shoes - I recently purchased my first pair of Vans, and I am happy to report that they are super comfortable, versatile, and yes, even polished! These black perforated pair would look great with any of the pieces listed above, and no shoelaces to fiddle with.
Hope that this post helps you pack a little easier for your next getaway. We'd love to hear your comments and questions, and if you want more frequent updates (including contests and giveaways), make sure to join our e-mail list by clicking on the upper right corner of this page. Thanks for reading!